Sunday, March 1, 2009

Breaking News - The Northern Trust Billions!

It looks like shame claims another $1.6 billion for the tax payer.

After the outcry to Northern Trust’s $6.4 million dollar party, it looks like the tax payers are getting a break. Loyal RTNN readers will remember that I demanded that they pay back the entire $1.6 billion that they borrowed from the government, within the week. I used my influence, ala Rick Santelli, and they folded like cheap lawn chairs. I really don’t like to use my powers too often, but this Northern Trust thing really pissed me off. Call it my Rant-of-the-Year.

Maybe they were telling the truth about Paulson forcing them to take the money. We now know that it was Citigroup that was the weakest last fall, and that’s why everybody was forced to take the money. So it is possible that Northern Trust is in good shape.

So now, they are free to spend their own money on whatever the hell they want. And I really have no problem with that. Party away!

Folks, this is Johnny Newsmaker signing off. We now return you to your regularly scheduled programming… "The Billion Dollar Man - Return of the Money!" only on Ranting-TV…

No comments:

Post a Comment