Monday, February 16, 2009

Entertainment - DJ Hero Come to Me

Playing lead guitar for thousands of screaming fans is every little boy's dream, but for many the idea of spinning records for a large crowd is equally rewarding. Johnny did some DJing back in college, when chart toppers like "Short D*ck Man" and "Creep" by TLC were all the rage. I didn't use turn tables; instead, I had a couple of Denon CD Pro Mixers. I hope that doesn't date me.

Anyway, I have been looking forward to the DJ Hero game for a long time. As much as I enjoy playing rock songs in Guitar Hero and Rock Band, the idea of being able to DJ, scratch and mix has a lot of appeal to me. I presume that some of my childhood heros are going to make an appearance.

The CEO of Activision, Bobby Kotick, confirmed that the game will be available some time this year. Let's hope he's right. Projects of this size have a way of getting pushed back. But I think Activision realizes that if they are going to move on this, it has to be quick.

My positronic brain has confirmed that DJ Hero will be the biggest selling game title ever. Bigger than Grand Theft Auto and Halo. In fact, it's going to be a monstrously huge seller! And you can bet your ass that I'll be getting mine, as soon as it hits the shelves.

Folks, this is Johnny Newsmaker signing off. We now return you to your regularly scheduled programming… "Pump up the Volume -- Now With More Christian Slater Scenes!" only on Ranting-TV…

No comments:

Post a Comment